The City of Ghosts
Sun elves are less common across Faerun than moon elves, because most live in Evermeet, where nonelves are not allowed to tread. Also called gold elves, they have bronze skin, hair of golden blond, copper, or black, and green or gold eyes. These are seen as the most civilized and haughty elves, preferring to remain seperate from humankind and other nonelven races.
Regions: Aside from Evermeet, where they are the most common, sun elves can be found in the woodlands of the North, Silverymoon, and the Western Heartlands. The realm of Evereska is home to a number of powerful sun elven families.
- +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution: Sun elves value study and contemplation over the feats of agility learned by most other elves.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He/she retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for: longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats. Elves esteem the arts of swordplay and archery, so all elves are familiar with these weapons.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A sun elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if he/she were actively looking for it. Elven senses are so keen that they practically have a sixth sense about hidden portals.
- Automatic Languages: Elven, Common, home region. Bonus Languages: Auran, Celestian, Chondathan, Gnome, Halfling, Illuskan, Sylvan.
*Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass elf’s wizard class does not count when determining whether they take an experience point penalty for multiclassing. Wizardry comes naturally to elves
-indeed, they sometimes claim to have invented it, and fighter/wizards are especially common among them.