The City of Ghosts
Descended from the original dark-skinned elven subrace called the Illythiiri, the drow were cursed into their present appearance by the good elven deities for following the goddess Lolth down the path to eivil and corruption. Also called dark elves, the drow have black skin that resembles polished obsidian and stark white or pale yellow hair. They commonly have very pale eyes (so pale as to often be mistaken for white) in shades of pale lilac, silver, pink, and blue. They also tend to be smaller and thinner than most elves. Most drow on the surface are evil and worship Vhaeraun, but some outcasts and renegades have a more neutral attitude.
Drow have a unique sign language, Drow Silent Language, that allows them to communicate silently with hand gestures at distances of up to 120 feet as long as they can see each other. Dow Silent Language is a bonus language for drow, and it counts as a normal language for others, who have to spend skill points to learn it. It has no alphabet or written form.
Regions: Menzoberranzan, home city of the famed exile Drizzt Do’Urden, is the most famous drow realm.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma: The drow have ruthlessly selected for agility, intelligence, and for of personality over generations.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, drow have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day
-dancing lights, darkness, and faerie fire. These abilities are as the spells cas by a sorcerer of the drow character’s level.
- Darkvision up to 120 feet.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds a drow for 1 round. In addition, drow suffer a -1 circumstance penalty to all attack rolls, saves, and checks while operating in bright light.
- Spell resistance of 11+ character level.
- +2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.
- Automatic Languages: Elven, Undercommon, home region. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Goblin, Illuskan.
*Favored Class: Wizard (male) or cleric (female).
- Level Adjustment +2